阅读打卡第29期 : 购买星星

阅读打卡第29期 : 购买星星

阅读打卡第29期 : 购买星星

恩曼英语推出阅读养成计划

这里是打卡第二十九期

每周二、四、六阅读

在微信公众号推送给你

语音+中英文字的模式

帮助你养成良好的阅读习惯

欢迎大家扫描下图打卡

小曼会为大家记录

坚持打卡者将会收到小曼的奖励哦~

阅读打卡第29期 : 购买星星

Millions of what? 

几百万什么?

The businessman suddenly realized that there was no hope of being left in peace until he answered this question. 

这位实业家知道要想安宁是无望的了,就说道:

Millions of those little objects, he said, which one sometimes sees in the sky. 

几百万个小东西,这些小东西有时出现在天空中。

Flies? Oh, no. Little glittering objects.

苍蝇吗?不是,是些闪闪发亮的小东西。

Bees? Oh, no. Little golden objects that set lazy men to idle dreaming. 

是蜜蜂吗?不是,是金黄色的小东西,这些小东西叫那些懒汉们胡思乱想

As for me, I am concerned with matters of consequence. 

我是个严肃的人。

There is no time for idle dreaming in my life. 

我没有时间胡思乱想。

Ah! You mean the stars? Yes, that"s it. The stars. 

啊,是星星吗?对了,就是星星。

And what do you do with Five-hundred millions of stars? 

你要拿这五亿星星做什么?

Five-hundred-and-one million, six-hundred-twenty-two thousand, seven-hundred-thirty-one. 

五亿一百六十二万七百三十一颗星星。

I am concerned with matters of consequence: I am accurate. 

我是严肃的人,我是非常精确的。

And what do you do with these stars? 

你拿这些星星做什么?

What do I do with them? Yes.

我要它做什么?是呀

Nothing. I own them. 

什么也不做。它们都是属于我的。

You own the stars? Yes. 

星星是属于你的?是的。

But I have already seen a king who... 

可是我已经见到过一个国王,他…

Kings do not own, they reign over. It is a very different matter. 

国王并不占有,他们只是进行‘统治’。这不是一码事。

And what good does it do you to own the stars? 

你拥有这许多星星有什么用?

It does me the good of making me rich. 

它可以使我变得富有。

And what good does it do you to be rich? 

变富有了你想干什么?

It makes it possible for me to buy more stars, if any are ever discovered. 

富了就可以去买别的星星,如果有人发现了别的星星的话。

"This man," the little prince said to himself, "reasons a little like my poortippler..." 

小王子自言自语地说:“这个人想问题有点象那个酒鬼一样。”

阅读打卡第29期 : 购买星星
阅读打卡第29期 : 购买星星
阅读打卡第29期 : 购买星星
阅读打卡第29期 : 购买星星

往期小王子阅读打卡:

阅读打卡第28期 : 忘却羞愧

阅读打卡第27期 : 爱慕虚荣

阅读打卡第26期 : 审判自己

阅读打卡第25期:日落

阅读打卡第29期 : 购买星星

阅读打卡第29期 : 购买星星
点击 "阅读原文" 完成打卡